I decided to create a jewelry board because I kept wearing the same pieces over and over again. I realized putting them in jewelry boxes meant out of sight, out of mind. So what better way to display my bling than creating a jewelry board?
Level of difficulty: 2/10
- I purchased a framed cork board at Home Sense. I love the detail on the frame. You can definitely purchase the cork board and the frame separately. You can get the cork board at Michael’s.
- I took out the cork board from the frame and painted it white to match the frame. I did a couple of coats of paint because it sucks up quite a lot of paint.
- Once it was dried, I tacked on a few strings and a ribbon with decorative tacks. The strings to hang my drop earrings. The ribbon to pin my studs. I wish I purchased ribbons with holes in them to make the pinning of the studs easier. You have to play with the height of each string for the drop earrings. I adjusted mine a few times.
- Once you secure the strings and ribbon with tacks, figure out where you want your bracelets and rings to go. Place the actual jewelry on the board and arrange.
- Once you decide, place pearl head pins on an angle.
- Put the cork board back into the frame and Voila, your very own cork board jewelry board.