I moved into my husband’s condo almost two years ago before we were married. His furniture were mostly hand-me-downs from family & friends. Definitely not my style. So when I stared at faux wood side tables everyday, I decided to paint them.
Project difficulty: 3/10
1. Clean the piece you want to paint with soap and water
2. Use a primer to prime the piece so the paint will hold
3. Let primer dry. I sped up the process by using a fan
4. Paint your piece with colour desired. I painted mine black as a base. Let the first coat completely dry and then put on a second coat. I would like to adhere wallpaper to the top later but haven’t done yet. Will update later.
5. Make sure the last coat is completely dry before placing anything on top.