Summer time is coming (finally) and I need to get my skin summer ready. I just made this coffee scrub in 5 minutes. This normally will cost $20-$25 in stores and I made it for pennies.
Project difficulty: 1
Ingredients: Coconut oil, Vitamin E oil, granulated sugar and coffee grind.
- Find an empty jar. I used an old candle jar. See how to clean out used candle jars here.
- Combine equal parts of coffee grinds and granulated sugar.
- Scoop 1/2 the amount of coconut oil as the dry ingredients in the jar (make sure the coconut oil is not hot and runny but soft and pliable).
- Add one tablespoon of Vitamin E oil. If you are making a small batch, use less.
- Use a fork or spoon to combine the ingredients together.
- Try it to see if you like the texture. You can adjust the texture by adding more dry ingredients if it is too liquidy or add more coconut oil if it feels too rough.
And you are done! Put it in your shower and use as needed. Happy scrubbing!
What do you do to get summer ready? Share your ritual.